Mobil ATF™ limited warranty
What the limited warranty covers
ExxonMobil Fuels, Lubricants & Specialties Marketing Company, a division of Exxon Mobil Corporation (“ExxonMobil”), provides this limited warranty to purchasers who use Mobil™-branded automatic transmission fluids in their vehicles. This limited warranty covers the fluid and the critical transmission parts lubricated by the fluid. ExxonMobil warrants its automatic transmission fluids to be free from defects and that the fluid you purchased will protect your vehicle’s critical transmission from lubricant related failure.
Be advised that if your vehicle is covered by a warranty, you should follow the vehicle’s automatic transmission fluid change interval recommended in your owner’s manual to avoid a disruption in your vehicle warranty. Follow your owner’s manual if the vehicle is operated in any of the following severe services: racing or commercial applications including taxis, limousines, etc.; frequent towing or hauling; extremely dusty or dirty conditions; or under excessive idling conditions.
What the limited warranty does not cover
This limited warranty excludes:
- Mobil-branded automatic transmission fluids used in mechanically deficient equipment as a result of abnormal operation; negligence; abuse; damage from casualty, shipment or accident; or, equipment modification done without written authorization from the original equipment manufacturer (OEM).
- Situations where the OEM required fluid standards do not match those stated by ExxonMobil without written approval from ExxonMobil.
- Mobil-branded automatic transmission fluids that have been used in conjunction with any other product or additive that has not been authorized for use by ExxonMobil.
- Failure of equipment due to a pre-existing condition that is unrelated to the use of Mobil-branded automatic transmission fluids.
- Repair or replacement of equipment due to normal wears.
What the period of coverage is
This limited warranty is valid for the length of the OEM recommended fluid change interval for your vehicle as long as the fluid is put in service not later than five years from the date of purchase.
What we will do to correct problems
How you can get service
ExxonMobil will replace any Mobil-branded automatic transmission fluid that is defective. In addition, if there is equipment failure due to the fluid you purchased, and the transmission was serviceable at the time the fluid was installed, ExxonMobil will repair any equipment damage directly caused by a defect or malfunction of the fluid, at no cost to you, provided that the fluid was selected and maintained in accordance with specifications of the OEM or the written instructions (which includes product packaging) of ExxonMobil.
To file a claim under this limited warranty, you must:
- Upon discovery of the damage (but not later than six (6) months from the date the damage occurred) call 1-800-AskMobil (1-800-275-6624).
- Allow an ExxonMobil representative to examine the equipment and maintenance records, if available, and provide proof of purchase to determine the extent of the damage and to confirm that the fluid was the cause.
- Allow an ExxonMobil representative to obtain a fluid sample from the transmission for analysis, at no cost to you, to assist in determining the cause of the equipment failure.
How state law relates to the limited warranty
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
The remedy provided here will be your only recovery against ExxonMobil. You will not be able to recover incidental damages (for example, transportation costs to and from the ExxonMobil representative for inspection of the equipment, loss of use, towing charges, bus fare, car rentals or other incidental damages) or consequential damages (the cost of repairing or replacing other property which was damaged when the fluid was defective). Some states do not allow the exclusion of or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.