What the warranty covers
Exxon Mobil Oil Corporation ("ExxonMobil") provides this limited warranty to the purchasers who use Mobil Delvac 1 fully synthetic heavy-duty
diesel engine oil in their vehicle, as established by the original equipment manufacturer ("OEM") and industry requirements (for example, the
standards set by the American Petroleum Institute [API]). This limited warranty covers the lubricant you purchased and the vehicle’s critical engine
parts lubricated by the lubricant.
ExxonMobil warrants its lubricants to be free from defects, and that the lubricant you purchased will protect your vehicle’s critical engine parts from
Be advised that if your vehicle is covered by a warranty, you should follow the vehicle’s oil-life sensor or the oil change interval recommended in
your owner’s manual to avoid a disruption in your vehicle warranty. Follow your owner’s manual if the vehicle is operated in any of the following
severe services: racing or commercial applications, including taxis, limousines, etc.; frequent towing or hauling; extremely dusty or dirty conditions;
or excessive idling conditions.
What the warranty does not cover
This limited warranty excludes:
- Mobil Delvac 1 fully synthetic heavy-duty diesel engine oil used in mechanically deficient equipment as a result of abnormal operation;
negligence; abuse; damage from casualty, shipment, or accident; or equipment modification done without written authorization from the OEM
- Situations where the OEM-required lubricant standards do not match those stated by ExxonMobil without the written approval of ExxonMobil
- Mobil Delvac 1 fully synthetic heavy-duty diesel engine oil that has been used in conjunction with any other product or additive that has not
been authorized for use by ExxonMobil
- Failure of equipment due to a preexisting condition that is unrelated to the use of the lubricant
- Repair or replacement of equipment due to normal wear
- Failure of the vehicle or lubricant due to contamination or water
What the period of coverage is
This limited warranty is valid for your vehicle’s OEM-recommended oil change interval or an extended oil drain interval as approved in writing by
your OEM and/or ExxonMobil, whichever is longer, regardless of vehicle’s age. Additional requirements include:
- Oils must be put into service no later than five (5) years from the date of purchase, and
- Oil changes must be completed in accordance with the vehicle’s owner’s manual or by written guidance from your OEM and/or ExxonMobil
What we will do to correct problems
ExxonMobil will replace any lubricant that is defective. In addition, if there is equipment failure due to the lubricant you purchased and the engine
was serviceable at the time the oil was installed, and subject to the requirements and limitations stated herein, ExxonMobil will pay for parts and
labor deemed reasonably necessary to repair any equipment damage, at no cost to you, if it can be demonstrated that the damage was caused
solely and directly by a defect or malfunction of the lubricant.
How you can get service
To file a claim under this limited warranty, you must:
- Upon discovery of the damage (but not later than two  months from the date the damage occurred), contact your ExxonMobil
representative or local distributor representative or write to: ExxonMobil Fuels, Lubricants & Specialties Marketing Company, Technical
Support Manager, 22777 Springwoods Village Pkwy., Spring, TX 77389. You may also call 1-800-MOBIL-25 (1-800-662-4525) and press
Prompt 4 to inquire about your sales engineer’s contact information.
- Allow an ExxonMobil representative to examine a proof of purchase of the ExxonMobil lubricant; the equipment, including its operating
and maintenance records; and a historical record of lubricant brands and types used during the life of the engine or equipment in order to
determine the extent of the damage and to confirm that the lubricant was the cause.
- Allow an ExxonMobil representative to obtain representative new and used lubricant samples for laboratory analysis to assist in determining
the cause of the equipment failure.
How state law relates to the warranty
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which can vary from state to state.
The remedy provided herein will be your only recovery against ExxonMobil. You will not be able to recover (and ExxonMobil hereby disclaims all
liability for) special, incidental damages (for example, transportation costs to and from the ExxonMobil representative for inspection of the
equipment, loss of use, towing charges, bus fare, car rentals, or other incidental damages) or indirect or consequential damages (the cost of
repairing or replacing other property which was damaged when the lubricant was defective). Some states do not allow the exclusion of or
limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES AND LUBRICANT PRODUCT WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED,
INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE.
© 2016 ExxonMobil. All trademarks used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.