What the limited warranty covers
ExxonMobil Oil Corporation (“ExxonMobil”) provides this limited warranty to the purchasers who use Mobil Delvac 1300 Super diesel engine oils in their vehicle s, as established by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM), and industry requirements (for example, the standards set by the American Petroleum Institute (API)). This limited warranty covers the lubricant you purchased and the vehicle’s critical engine parts lubricated by the lubricant.
ExxonMobil warrants its lubricants to be free from defects, and that the lubricant you purchased will protect your vehicle’s critical engine parts from oil related failure.
Be advised that, if your vehicle is covered by a warranty, you should follow the vehicle’s oil life sensor or the oil change interval recommended in your owner’s manual to avoid a disruption in your vehicle warranty. Follow your owner’s manual if the vehicle is operated in any of the following severe services: racing or commercial applications, including taxis, limousines, etc., frequent towing or hauling, extremely dusty or dirty conditions, or excessive idling conditions.
What the Mobil Delvac 1300 Super limited warranty does not cover
This limited warranty excludes:
What the period of coverage is
- Mobil Delvac 1300 Super diesel engine oil used in mechanically deficient equipment as a result of abnormal operation; negligence; abuse; damage from casualty, shipment, or accident; or equipment modification done without written authorization from the OEM
- Situations where the OEM-required lubricant standards do not match those stated by ExxonMobil without the written approval of ExxonMobil
- Mobil Delvac 1300 Super diesel engine oil that has been used in conjunction with any other product or additive that has not been authorized for use by ExxonMobil
- Failure of equipment due to a preexisting condition that is unrelated to the use of the lubricant
- Repair or replacement of equipment due to normal wear
- Failure of the vehicle or lubricant due to contamination or water
This limited warranty is valid for your vehicle’s OEM-recommended oil change interval. Additional requirements include:
- Oils must be put into service no later than five (5) years from the date of purchase, and
- A documented record of regular oil changes completed in accordance with the vehicle owner’s manual.
What we will do to correct problems
How you can get service
ExxonMobil will replace any lubricant that is defective. In addition, if there is equipment failure due to the lubricant you purchased and the engine was serviceable at the time the oil was installed, and subject to the requirements and limitations stated herein, ExxonMobil will pay for parts and labor deemed reasonably necessary to repair any equipment damage, at no cost to you, if it can be demonstrated that the damage was caused solely and directly by a defect or malfunction of the lubricant.
To file a claim under this limited warranty, you must:
- Upon discovery of the damage (but not later than two (2) months from the date the damage occurred), contact your ExxonMobil representative or local distributor representative. You may also call 1-800-MOBIL-25 (1-800-662-4525) and press Prompt 4 to inquire about your sales engineer’s contact information.
- Allow an ExxonMobil representative to examine a proof of purchase of the ExxonMobil lubricant; the equipment, including its operating and maintenance records; and a historical record of lubricant brands and types used during the life of the engine or equipment in order to determine the extent of the damage and to confirm that the lubricant was the cause.
- Allow an ExxonMobil representative to obtain representative new and used lubricant samples for laboratory analysis to assist in determining the cause of the equipment failure.
How state law relates to the Mobil Delvac 1300 Super limited warranty
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which can vary from state to state.
The remedy provided herein will be your only recovery against ExxonMobil. You will not be able to recover (and ExxonMobil hereby disclaims all liability for) special, incidental damages (for example, transportation costs to and from the ExxonMobil representative for inspection of the equipment, loss of use, towing charges, bus fare, car rentals, or other incidental damages) or indirect or consequential damages (the cost of repairing or replacing other property which was damaged when the lubricant was defective). Some states do not allow the exclusion of or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES AND LUBRICANT PRODUCT WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE.