Mobil 1™ motor oil testing – meeting or exceeding industry specifications
Mobil 1 outperforms in severe service motor oil tests
Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil goes through our own rigorous testing before it leaves our labs. Motor oils also go through independent industry testing
(called API in the U.S., ACEA in Europe), as well as many demanding Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) tests, to ensure that the motor oil you buy does
what it claims to do.
In more than 18 Industry Performance Standard tests that check for engine cleanliness, wear protection, high- and low-temperature protection, emission
system protection and fuel economy, Mobil 1 synthetic oils (specific products and viscosities) meet or exceed the latest requirements.
Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil qualifies for the highest number of the latest industry motor oil specifications – including International Lubricant
Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC) GF-5 and European Automobile Manufacturer’s Association (ACEA) in key performance areas compared with
conventional synthetic oils.
How Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil keeps your engine running like new
- Helps maintain cleanliness of lubricated parts
- Helps keep surfaces free of deposits
- Helps control corrosive wear and deposits
- Helps minimize sludge formation by keeping contaminant particles in suspension
- Helps reduce the formation of varnish deposits
- Helps keep deposits suspended in oil
- Helps minimize metal wear
- Helps provide a chemical barrier on metallic surfaces
- Helps reduce friction by forming a slippery surface film
- Helps improve fuel economy
- Helps control oil breakdown due to high temperatures
- Helps protect against oil thickening to maintain flow