- Long fluid life and long transmission life
- Exceptional oxidation stability and resistance to chemical deterioration
- Excellent flow properties at low startup temperatures and high operating temperatures
- Outstanding lubricating characteristics for quiet operation, smooth shifting and excellent wear protection
- Viscosity stability – from a high viscosity index – to help assure adequate lubrication without excessive thinning in severe high-temperature service or thickening at low starting temperatures
- Dependable protection against rust and corrosion
Automatic transmissions should be checked for proper fluid levels at regular intervals, and the fluid should be changed at manufacturer-recommended intervals. However, this may vary due to your vehicle's operating conditions. Some manufacturers recommend more frequent changes of transmission fluid under severe driving conditions, such as heavy traffic, hot weather and trailer pulling.
DEXRON® and MERCON® are registered trademarks of General Motors and Ford Motor Company, respectively.